Raffle And Game-a-thon
Thrag is a Fundraiser for IMOGAP that happens at the museum on Saturday September 21st from Noon to Noon of Sunday September 22nd 2019.
ThRaG working Schedule and Activities
- Even if spots are taken, folk often overcommit, so don't hesitate to add your name to a game you'd like to play
- If you would like to know more, or would like to help organize thrag, or have some ideas of what to do at Thrag, please Email kyle (email@example.com).
- Schedule subject to change because Thrag is a capricious Thrag
- 1 PM PitchCar Racing
- PitchCar is a dexterity game where large, wooden, puzzle-like pieces are used to construct a race track that looks very similar to a slot car track when finished. But instead of using electrons, players use finger-flicks to send small pucks around the track, a la Carrom. All ages welcome.
- hosted by Hunter (8 spots, )
- Sign Up for PitchCar Racing
- 2 PM Apples to Apples
- You know the drill, select the nouns to go with the adjectives. Enjoy the silliness.
- hosted by Staff (unlimited spots, )
- Sign Up for Apples to Apples
- 3 PM Sagrada
- Colorful dice placed on templates to reflect the elegance of the Gaudi Basilica in Barcelona. What you chose now might be trouble later on.
- hosted by Carol (6 spots, )
- Sign Up for Sagrada
- 4 PM Forbidden Desert
- Cooperative survival game. Can you live long enough to rebuild the steam punk aircraft and escape?
- hosted by Christian (6 spots, )
- Sign Up for Forbidden Desert
- 5 PM Microscope
- Spanning ages and moments, near and far, it's the game of collective worldbuilding.
- hosted by Sam (4 spots, )
- Sign Up for Microscope
- 6 PM Smash Up Tournament
- A 16 person single elimination tournament of Smash Up. A card game of occupation and battle with dozens of different factions teaming up for unique gameplay.
- hosted by Tyler (16 spots, )
- Sign Up for Smash Up Tournament
- 7 PM Diplomacy
- We'll use a website (backstabbr.com) to play Diplomacy this year, so it will be on your phone that your moves are made.
- hosted by Staff (7 spots, )
- Sign Up for Diplomacy
- 8 PM Magic the Gathering -- Cube Draft
- 9 PM Lord of the Rings Trivia
- The awesome trivia game from the British Tolkien Society. Make your way through the lands of Middle-Earth while answering questions about the Books (not the Movies, though most things are in both).
- hosted by Mary (6 spots, )
- Sign Up for Lord of the Rings Trivia
- 9 PM Multi-Fluxx Cosmic Cacaphony
- Many Fluxx games mixed and matched to absurd perfection. Fluxx is the card game where every play modifies the rules and silliness descends.
- hosted by Steve (12 spots, )
- Sign Up for Multi-Fluxx Cosmic Cacaphony
- 10 PM Arkham Horror
- An epic cooperative game fighting the forces of Evil and Madness as they infiltrate a 19th century city.
- hosted by Staff (6 spots, )
- Sign Up for Arkham Horror
- 10 PM Rule of Three - RPG
- 11 PM Codenames
- Pictures or words, it's Password with a group twist. The best word game in years.
- hosted by Staff (unlimited spots, )
- Sign Up for Codenames
- 12 PM Cthulhu Wars
- The Great Old Ones war over the paltry fiefdom of Earth. Tentacular miniatures and crisp gameplay characterize this great fun war game.
- hosted by Tim Storey (5 spots, )
- Sign Up for Cthulhu Wars
- 1 AM Settlers of Mega Catan!
- 1 AM Hive Mind
- During the game, the players must be harmonious in answering intriguing questions based on their experience and opinions. ... Represented by bee pawns called Beeples, players move through the hive; those who score the fewest points each round must move closer to the hive exit.
- hosted by Kingsley (12 spots, )
- Sign Up for Hive Mind
- 2 AM 7 Wonders
- 3 AM Dominant Species
- The ice age is coming in in a worker placement game where each turn is ten thousand years.
- hosted by Kyle (4 spots, )
- Sign Up for Dominant Species
- 6 AM Iron Dragon with Expansion
- A train game where you build track and deliver goods in a fantasy world of Dragon Driven Trains. We'll play with the custom expansion built by Bryan to add more towns and goods to the game.
- hosted by Bryan (6 spots, )
- Sign Up for Iron Dragon with Expansion
- 10 AM Lords of Waterdeep
- Other activities as well --
- Barbecue burgers, chicken and hot dogs
- Raffle drawings every hour
- Silent Auction.
- Silly Costumes
- Photo Opportunities
- Games games and more games
This guy is THRAG the ProtoGamer.
Thrag was a temple guardian of epic ferocity with his Club of Intimidation. All enemies and ne'er-do-wells feared his might. He was so frightening that no one, fool or sage, dared to cross him.
But Thrag was bored. With no one to thump, he had nothing to do. So Thrag thought long and hard while the sun and stars wheeled through the sky. First, he discovered that his club could be used for play, and he invented the game Wac-a-mole. Then he invented all the stick and ball games, from Billiards to Baseball. Pleased with these games of dexterity, Thrag was content for a long time.
Eventually though, Thrag sought a different kind of fun. He admired the many colored pebbles along the river, and so he invented Go. Soon thereafter he had created all the Pure strategy games, from Nine Mens Morris to Chinese Checkers. And again he was sated for a time.
As the years passed however, Thrag grew sullen. Surely there was some other game he could play. In great frustration, he pounded the stones around him with his Club of Intimidation. And so he created dice, and with them gambling. In a short time he had invented all the games of chance from Yahtzee to Three Card Monte.
Now, Thrag is content to rest while others play the games he created. But each year he wakes, and insists that we play games all day and night until he falls back to sleep.
We've adopted Thrag from Wikipedia - the photographer is Michael Gunther. (From a historic perspective he's actually a guardian for a Javanese/Hindu temple called Sukuh)