IMOGAP is CLosed While Moving
The Interactive Museum of Gaming and Puzzlery has outgrown its home. We are moving to a new location on Canyon Rd. We'll have more information and a schedule for reopening in the next few days.
We have raised $5,373
of match for a $10,000 Challenge Grant, please help us meet this goal. More Information About Challenge Grant
Some Favorite Media Options from the
Interactive Museum of Gaming and Puzzlery
Movies with Games:
- Pelada (2010, Tripod Media) - documentary about street soccer. Currently available on NetFlix.
- The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (2007, LargeLab) - documentary about Donkey Kong and overwrought egos. Brilliant.
- Wargames (1983, United Artists) - The Matthew Broderick classic. Where artificial intelligence WOPRs human intelligence.
- Dogtown and Z-Boys (2001, Agi Orsi & Vans Off the Wall) Documentary about the skateboard revolution of the 1970s in Southern California
- Endless Summer (1966, Bruce Brown Films) Documentary about surfing that is more than the sum of its parts.
Books with Games:
- Homo Ludens (Johan Huizinga, Beacon Press 1950 - orig. 1944) Anthropology - a study of the play element in culture.
- Games of the North American Indians (Stewart Culin, Bison Books 1992 - orig. 1907) Anthropology - a survey of extant material in 1907.
- The Boardgame Book (R.C. Bell, Viking Press 1979) Game survey - beautiful images and descriptions of historic board games.
- The Book of Games (Jack Boterman, Sterling 2008) Game survey - Strategy, tactis, and history.